Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kathryn Bankhead--100 day Heart Challenge Journal

I hit the wall last week. The challenge has been my focal point--in my time allocation, schedule, etc. and I've improved my eating and increased my exercise. BINGO: it works! I've lost over 10 pounds and so my driven personality mentally figured I could keep up that pace and lose another 10 before the end of May.

Great plan; unrealistic. I went to the gym last Monday and after an hour, I realized I no longer wanted to do any more; I was tired, went home and back to bed for a couple of hours. When I mentioned it to Traci, our fitness expert, she told me I was tired because I was TIRED! No breaks, no rest, just "keep up the pace or pick it up more".

So now I'm looking at the "long haul", listening to my body for exercise and rest clues, just like I am looking at eatingn intuitively.

lesson learned......

No comments:

Post a Comment